Bancopopolare and the certificate's Home Banking (Byweb) on Mac (Safari)
The banks of Gruppo Banco Popolare, Banca Popolare di Novara, at least, need to use the service Byweb, or the Home Banking, installing a certificate (.p12 format).
No problem for users running Windows with Internet Explorer and / or Firefox nor for Linux and Mac users who wish to use Firefox (which is to install the certificate directly into your browser) ... some more problems for Mac users who wish to use Safari.
No alarm, with the correct configuration in a few minutes will be around the problem by following the steps set forth below:
- Download the certificate to your desktop from https://certificato.bancopopolare.it/ in a folder to your liking
- Fully close Safari (Command + Q)
- Open the file with the application of the system Keychain (just double click of the mouse on the downloaded file and it will open automatically)
- Enter the password for authentication of the certificate (the same that is used to download the same)
- Select the certificate in the Keychain and click on the top item in the Archive (here the image file), and then click the submenu New Identity Preference ... (in English here New Identity Preference)
- Enter the link https://web.bancopopolare.it:443 (important to write correctly as shown here) and click Add
- Open Safari and go to the https://web.bancopopolare.it:443
I leave you the images to better understand (and visually) the above procedure ...
Happy surfing to all of you!
Ps if you were still having problems, try to add even https://web.bancopopolare.it:443/ (including /) end!
PPS: If you fail again ... trust in Firefox that runs independently verified.
In this case, just open the Firefox Preferences and go to Advanced, and then in the Encryption section, select View Certificates and then import the downloaded certificate.