Bancopopolare and the certificate at Home Banking (byWeb) on Mac (Safari)
The banks of Gruppo Banco Popolare, Banca Popolare di Novara at least, need to use the service byWeb, or at Home Banking, installation of a certificate (format. P12).
No problem for users on Windows with Internet Explorer and / or Firefox nor for Linux and Mac users who wish to use Firefox (which includes the installation of the certificate directly into your browser) ... some more problems for Mac users who wish to use Safari.
No alarm, with the correct configuration in a few minutes you will bypass the problem by following the steps set forth below:
- Download the certificate to your desktop from https://certificato.bancopopolare.it/ in a folder to your liking
- Completely close Safari (Command + Q)
- Open the file with the application of the system Keychain (just make a double mouse click on the downloaded file and it will open automatically)
- Enter the password for certificate authentication (the same one that is used to download the same)
- Select the certificate in the Keychain and click on the top item in the archive (here in the image file), and then click the Preference submenu new identity ... (in English here New Identity Preference)
- Enter the link https://web.bancopopolare.it:443 (important to write correctly as shown here) and click Add
- Open Safari and go at https://web.bancopopolare.it:443
I leave you to the pictures to understand even better (and visually) the above procedure ...
Happy surfing to all!
Ps if you were still having problems, try to add also https://web.bancopopolare.it:443/ (including /) final!
PPS: If you fail again ... trust in Firefox that independently manages the certificates.
In this case just open the Firefox Preferences and go to Advanced, and then under Show select Encryption certificates and then import the certificate downloaded.