I write this article in response to a question read on a forum, in the hope that it will help someone in addition to the direct question (Stephen, aka "Pisubijoux").
There are several methods to do this, I suggest using a small script (to be created with AppleScript Editor) to launch the start of the user's login.
We arrive at practical ...
1) Open the AppleScript editor and enter the following code (commented to help you understand ... ah, comments are inserted with
-- Open iTunes
tell application "iTunes"
- Show window of iTunes running (remove "-")
- Sep shuffle mode to the playlist "Music" (Change it if you want)
September shuffle of user playlist "Music" to true
- Remove shuffle mode to the playlist "Music" (Change it if you want)
- Set shuffle of user playlist "Music" to false
- Play music!
2) Click on Insert and then save it as an Application.
3) Open System Preferences -> Accounts -> Startup Items -> enter the application you just saved!
For the lazy, you can directly download the file from here:
Only ... then proceed to step 3!