Here is the question that haunts many users struggling with the infamous iPhone, to unlock (jailbreak) or not?
What are actually the advantages and disadvantages of this choice?
I do not want to dwell here in explaining what is ascertained in the operation of jailbreak, but I want to list only briefly, from my point of view, the advantages and disadvantages of such a choice.
- Add Cydia (an alternative to the App store)
- Access via SSH to the device (use the iPhone as a hard disk drive into which you can load the files via ssh fact)
- SBSettings (Cydia) that would set quick set menus for frequently used functions (on / off services such as wifi, bluetooth, 3G, etc ...)
- Ability to synchronize applications (IPA) downloaded from the internet via iTunes (the operation is legal, so is everyone the choice to operate more or less legally with your device)
- Clear the blockage bluetooth for data transfer via the upcoming release of iBlueNove (ex iBluetooth) of MeDevil
- Put a firewall (blacklist) for the management of calls / sms / mms incoming
- Add useful features to native applications such as SMS Helper (displays a count of characters entered in the process of writing a SMS)
- Change the 'APN of your phone provider to not run into unwanted charges on its rechargeable
- For 3Gs with new iBoot, inability to restart the iPhone without having to jailbreak again using blackra1n
- Reduction of battery performance (but not too wisely if you use additional services such as SSH, etc ...)
- I can not think of much more ...
You aggiungereste something else to the list?